Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Purple and Silver

It's been exactly a month since I had this idea... And now I finally have time to think about the things I want to! My best friend's favorite colors are silver and purple... so today I found some pictures of how I would make these colors work together. I would add a light lavender color to the palette also... perfect for a spring or summer wedding, I think! Take a look:


This Board is from Snippet and Ink, and is comprised of plum, lavender, and white... close, but no cookie. But it has some elements and overall feel that I like, so we'll start there.

Men:
{Image from TheWeddingChannel}
Black tuxes are a must. The vest is where it comes down to choice: silver or purple? Boys that I know would probably choose silver... but I like purple better. :P


Flowers:
{Image from Snippet and Ink}
My friend's favorite flowers are pansies and violets, very petite, perfect for a nosegay.

{Image from Martha Stewart Weddings}
Clematis would make beautiful decorations all around the wedding. They're a lighter purple color that you could say has silver tones in it.

{Image from Brides.com}
If lavender were to be used more, hyacinths are SO fragrant that they would be my first choice. For boutonnieres too, maybe?

Bridesmaids:{Image from Davids Bridal}

{Image from Brides.com}
Silver or purple? As you can see from the picture above, pale blue-ish lavender works again! I think I might let the girls choose their own shades of purple. Small nosegays of violets like at the top would look gorgeous with the tea-length dresses.

Cake:
{Image from Martha Stewart Weddings}

No comments:

Post a Comment